Social Responsibility

Social responsibility is important because educators need to positivity guide their students in the right direction. Teachers need to make sure they are modeling a godly behavior so that students can experience and see how they should conduct themselves in school and outside of school. It is the teacher’s responsibility to make the classroom welcoming. The students should feel that educators care for them. If the teachers show that they care for the student, then the student will care about what the teacher knows. The teacher is the facilitator and the person who sets the tone in the classroom. According to (Brummelen, 2009) the teacher main role is to facilitate learning. Teachers provide the right environment and motivation for learning.

The student population I teach is challenging because technology is difficult for them to grasp. I often use nearpod a lot because all my students seem to understand it better. I also use programs that offer read aloud for my students. All my students have read aloud as an accommodation on their IEP. I make sure to use a projector when going over guided notes. I read the notes and provide a visual for all my students. Blended learning maximizes class time for active learning, student-centered learning, and individual learning (Roblyer and Hughes, 2019).

 

Reference

Hughes, M.D.R.J. E. (2018). Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching. [MBS Direct]. Retrieved from https://mbsdirect.vitalsource.com/#/books/9780134746296/

Van Brummelen, H. (2009). Walking with God in the classroom: Christian approaches to teaching and learning. Colorado Springs: Purposeful Design.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaming in Education

Data Collection