Differentiation through technology

 

 

 






Teachers need to be ale to provide the right level of support for each individual student. Teachers need to adjust their teaching strategies to support the students learning needs. They can use scaffolding and cooperative learning when giving instruction on some task. According to (Spector et al, 2008) another reason to adapt content to learners relates to demographic and social cultural differences among students, which can affect learning outcomes and ultimately achievement.

Summative and formative assessments are tools at our disposal we could use to show our students growth. I teach special education so I am not a fan of standardized test. However, standardized test is a way to guide teachers with helping the student achieve their goals. I gather feedback within my lessons. I use surveys/polls to engage my students. I use nearpod for active learning. I find the students will be more willing to share if we work as a whole group rather than working independently. Social learning is another way I observe my students and a way I get them talking and feeling comfortable working remotely. According to (Brummelen, 2009) the teacher main role is to facilitate learning. Teachers provide the right environment and motivation for learning.

 

Reference

J. Michael Spector, M. D. (2008). Handbook of research and educational communications and technology. New York: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.

Van Brummelen, H. (2009). Walking with God in the classroom: Christian approaches to teaching and learning. Colorado Springs: Purposeful Design.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaming in Education

Data Collection