Data Collection

 


Fortunately, being a special education teacher requires me to collect data on my students. I use teacher made test, parental input, other colleagues that teach the student, and curriculum-based assessments. I then use the assessments to integrate the area the student is struggling in and apply it to my lesson plans. So, far I have not taught my students how to collect and organize data. My students struggle with keeping record of their in school and community hours. They tend to forget to write them down when they come back from their job site. I think it would be a good idea for them to learn how to collect data because it would give them a chance to see what area they struggle in and it will teach them organizational skills. Often times students just hear the teacher state what area they need help in. According to (Ornstein et al, 2017) the hidden curriculum a term used by many critics of contemporary school is what students learn, other than academic content, from what they do or are expected to do in school.

 

Reference

Alan C. Ornstein, D. U. (2017). Foundations of Education. Boston: Cengage Learning.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaming in Education